Protect your home and increase property values. Consumer reports consistently reveal that metal roofing will significantly increase a property’s resale value, lower home insurance rates and offer a quick recoup of its initial investment. Lockwood Construction LLC installs metal roofing that is designed and manufactured to stand up to the most variable and harshest of climate conditions. Expert installers customize lengths to fit any building or structure in the Stillwater region that will hold up to freezing rain, strong winds, blowing snow, falling branches, debris, fire, or the heat of the summer sun.
Free no obligation residential roof estimates. Contact a Lockwood Construction LLC roofing specialist for a free estimate and inspection of your existing roof and for more information on metal roofing systems for your home by calling (651) 775-5000
Advantages of Metal Roofing
- Long lifespan – Metal roofing lasts much longer than other roofing materials
- Unmatched durability
- Variety of styles – Today’s metal roofing materials are similar in design to asphalt, shake, clay tile and cedar
- Extended Warranty – Lockwood Construction LLC provides labor warranties and manufacturer warranties for up to 50 years
- Impenetrable – Melting snow and ice slide off with no water infiltration
- Ideal for isolated homes and summer cottages
- Low maintenance
As the name suggests, a flat roof is a roof that is perfectly horizontal. It is extremely difficult to say for certain how long your home’s flat roof will last but on average it can be anywhere from twenty-five to thirty years. However, with the adequate level of maintenance, upgrades and repairs, this yearly total can be extended by up to ten years. If your home has a metal roof or is made of another durable material then this total could be extended significantly.
- 1. Tar and Rubber Roofs: An extremely popular choice for commercial properties, the expansion of tar and rubber roofs to residential buildings has been a feature of architecture design for the past 20 years. The relatively moderate climate of Coon Rapids and surrounding areas makes these roofs a very reliable choice for those who are looking for longevity and value for money.
- 2. Asphalt Shingles: If you are a homeowner who is looking for a cost-effective roofing option then asphalt shingles could be the perfect choice for your home. On average, asphalt shingle roofs are easy and inexpensive to repair and can last anywhere from 15 to 20 years.
- 3. Wood Shingles: The simple fact of the matter is that if you are looking for a flat roof that will stand the test of time then you shouldn’t look beyond wood shingles. While they certainly require more maintenance and repair work than other roofing types, the fact of the matter is that should last anywhere from 30 to 50 years.
- 4. Metal Roofs: If longevity is your number one consideration then there is no doubt that metal roofs are the perfect choice for you. As well as being the most durable option for your home, they are also one of the eco-friendliest roofing choices. On top of that, metal roofs also require less maintenance than other roofing types. They also reduce heating and cooling costs depending on the time of year.
While there is no doubt that green roofs can provide real and lasting benefits for your home and surrounding community, the reality is that a sustained and consistent approach to green roofing can also guarantee advantages to the wider environment. Five of the most apparent environmental benefits of green roofing include:
- By preventing combined sewerage overflow, green roofs can greatly improve the integrity of the environment both locally and at a more macro-level.
- Green roofing also significantly reduces the impact of carbon monoxide on the environment.
- Green roofs can successfully remove nitrogen pollution from rain.
- Green roofing can contribute to the neutralization of the negative effects of acid rain.
- Finally, a green roofing system can provide a safe and secure habitat for a range of wildlife that are native to the area.
Asphalt Shingle Roofs
When designing or building a new home, there is so much to consider that it is understandable that the type of roofing material you install may not be top of this list. However, the reality is that this question is extremely important and needs the utmost attention. There are many pros and cons to shingle roofing and by selecting Lockwood Construction LLC as your number one roofing service provider, we can provide you with all the relevant information to help you make this decision in a clear and concise fashion. Our shingle roofing experts are proud of the service we offer and we guarantee to deliver the optimal level service for your home.
Modified Bitumen Roofing
In essence, modified bitumen membranes are the product of oxidized asphalt particles that are then modified to a large degree with a polymer such as styrene-butadiene-styrene or atactic polypropylene. These unique chemical characteristics give this membrane a variety of intense self-healing qualities that allow it to provide a water-resistant roof that simply will not be beaten for strength, durability and cost efficiency.
- Durability: Let’s face it, a new roof isn’t cheap. So, if you are going to go to the effort of installing a new roof then you better make sure that it is going to last. While shingle roofs are susceptible to the damage caused by wind and storm-damage, the fact of the matter is that torch-on roofing doesn’t have this problem. So, with our expert installation and annual maintenance as standard you can rest assured that your home’s roof will be in the safest hands possible. A well-maintained torch-on roof should last anywhere from 25 to 30 years.
- Reliability: As the name suggests, torch-on roofing uses a blowtorch to fuse together sheets of modified bitumen membrane. By doing so, it creates a highly effective single unified roofing system that can protect your Andover home from all that mother nature can throw at it. On top of that, all gaps and cracks are sealed during the installation process. This means that your roof is completely waterproof at all times.
- Cost Efficiency: While there is no doubt that torch-on roofing is slightly more expensive than other more traditional roofing types, the reality is that it requires a lot less maintenance in the long run. Bear in mind that a well-maintained torch-on roof can last anywhere up to 25 years and it is clear to see that the large outlay at the start could end up being a very worthwhile investment.
At Lockwood Construction LLC, we offer a wide range of tile styles that can add immediate and lasting value to your home’s roof quickly and effectively. Five of our most popular tile styles include:
- Spanish Tiles
If you are looking for a durable yet elegant tile then our Spanish tile might be the perfect choice for you. Spanish tiles look like rows on waves with wide water courses between the tiles. In general, Spanish tiles are located in warmer locations, like Spain, where rain may be unusual but when it does arrive, it’s heavy. Heavy downpours can make light of lesser materials that can be saturated damaged. The best materials for Spanish tiles include clay, terracotta and concrete varieties.
In many ways Scandia tiles are Spanish tiles but simply turned upside down. However, unlike Spanish tiles, this type of tile has the visual effect of sharp ridges with wide, smooth water courses. On average, the cost of a Scandia tile will be approximately the same as our Spanish tiled option.
- Double Roman
At first glance, a Double Roman tile may look like a Spanish tile but the reality of the situation is that, while looking similar to the waves on Spanish tiles, the Roman version has distinct ribs that are extremely pronounced. Double Roman tiles are extremely popular in the Mediterranean area as their unique shape and dimension fits narrow roofs perfectly. In general, these types of tiles are made from concrete but can also be made from clay and terracotta.
When it comes to value for money and long-lasting durability, very few roofing materials offer as many wide-ranging benefits as slate. The simple fact of the matter is that slate has an elegant and stylish feel to it, but on top of that, it is also a really durable and long-lasting material that, if maintained correctly, could last over one hundred years for your home.
- Long Lifespan: As a homogenous metamorphic rock, slate is extremely durable and long-lasting. This roofing material is millions of years old and, if maintained correctly, could last upwards of hundreds of years. In fact, it is safe to say that if you take care of your slate roof then it should last you anywhere from 75 to 100 years.
- Wide Range of Style and Color Options: One of the biggest benefits of slate is that it provides your home with a wide range of mixed colors and patterns styles that can enhance the look of home of all shapes and sizes. Not only does slate offer a wide variety of slate options, it also gives your home with many different textures that can range from very smooth to rustically rough and ready. While, as for color, the greys, blacks and vibrant colors are some of the most common options to choose from and can add immediate and long-lasting curb appeal to your Coon Rapids home.
- Durability: If you are looking for a roofing material that will stand up to whatever mother nature can throw at it, then slate could be the perfect choice for you.
Need your roof restored today?
If you want the best for your home’s roof then you need to make sure it that is maintained and restored on a regular basis. Lockwood Construction LLC’s wealth of experience means that we should be the first number you call when your roof needs service.
Coon Rapids, MN 55448
Office hours: 24/7
24 Hours a day
7 Days a week