While siding may not be seen as the most glamorous aspect of your home, the fact of the matter is that it plays an extremely important role in increasing your house’s longevity and durability.
Benefits of Painting
If you are like most homeowners that we work with then it is likely that you take immense pride in the visual appearance of your home. A well-maintained home allows you to express your own unique and personal perspective on your home’s exterior and painting your exterior siding is one of the biggest parts of this process. As well as the esthetic benefits of painting the siding of your home, six other benefits include:
- Painting parts of the exposed areas of your home’s siding that are prone to termite damage helps reduce and remove the risk of these serious threats.
- Painting your home’s siding is a great way of ensuring that your home’s appearance is n not adversely affected by wind, rain or even snow.
- Regular painting can extend your siding’s lifetime. On average vinyl siding can last anywhere up top fifty years. Painting your vinyl siding will keep it looking fresh and extend the lifespan of your home.
- If you want the increase the curb appeal of your home immediately then a freshly painted exterior siding could make all the difference. The fact of the matter is that even if you aren’t planning on selling your home, a well-painted exterior siding can still make all the difference.
- You might not think it but painting your home’s siding regularly will guarantee that your home’s structural integrity is maintained for longer. The fact of the matter is that mold and mildew can break down the structural integrity of your home’s wooden surfaces.
- Finally, painting your home’s wooden siding can save your toes from splinters and even add a few years of life to your home’s wood decking or patio.
When it comes to selecting the right type of siding for your Andover home, there is a lot to consider. Cost, longevity and style are all factors that should be assessed closely. However, that being said, given our years of experience has led us to believe that the benefits of vinyl siding are extremely hard to mirror. So, with that in mind, here are three of the biggest advantages of choosing vinyl siding in your home:
One of the biggest advantages that vinyl siding has over other types is its cost-effectiveness. On average, the installation of vinyl siding could cost you anywhere from $2,500 to $8,500 per 1,250 square feet. This compares favorably with wood siding which could set you back somewhere in the region of $7,000 to $10,000 for the exact same square footage.
At Lockwood Construction LLC, we offer vinyl in a wide range of styles and colors. It is this variety that is one of the reasons why so many of our residential customers are opting for vinyl over other types of siding. Our skilled team will be able to find a vinyl siding style that works with both horizontal and vertical applications.
If there is one word that best described vinyl siding it is durable. There is no doubt about it but that this type of siding is strong and heavy enough to withstand the any harsh weather that we experience in Andover. Vinyl is resistant to almost all types of moisture so this means that you can rest assured that it won’t corrode over time.
Available in many types and styles, wood siding is an exterior cladding material that can be comprised of plywood, shingles or linear board lengths. There is a big difference between horizontal and vertical wood siding and there’s a range of other minor variations in the way that siding is joined or fitted together in the installation process. Three of the most popular types of wood siding include:
If you are looking to create an authentic rustic appeal to your Coon Rapids home then the installation of a range of vertical wooden siding could be the perfect choice for you. The vertical boards run the length of the wall are either butt joined or tongue and groove. On top of that there is the option to nail the ‘batten’ over for added protection and decorative effect.
At Lockwood Construction LLC, we generally try to apply and install our overlapping horizontal boards of four to twelve inches in width with an overlap of two inched. The boards are usually installed so that the joints align vertically in alternating courses.
If you are looking for a low-cost and easy-installation alternative to traditional wood siding then plywood could be the perfect option for you. Usually, we place 4×8 foot sheets of plywood that can be installed directly onto wood studs. On top of that, our plywood is often grooved together to imitate the joints between traditional vertical boards.
High Quality Siding Near Me
If you are looking to improve your home’s siding then you need to strongly consider the benefits offered by Lockwood Construction LLC’s top-quality service. Merging years of experience with the latest and most advanced siding techniques, there is no job too big or task too small for our skilled team. So, what are you waiting for? Call our office today to arrange a free and non-committal meeting or to simply ask any question you may have.
Coon Rapids, MN 55448
Office hours: 24/7
24 Hours a day
7 Days a week